Translate

sobota 10. října 2020

Singapore farewell note

 Dear Singapore,

The time has come for me to say goodbye and even in those crazy pandemic times it would not be fair to leave without a few words of reflection and thanks. 

When I arrived, we were quite alien but I think we have become good friends over those three years. Not perfect, but we knew what we can expect from one another and even though things were not always rosy, I am leaving with some great memories that will stay forever in my heart, and stories I am hoping once day tell to my grandchildren. You know you are not my cup of tea to settle down permanently but that does not mean I don't like you, or value how you are. I am actually really grateful to have you nicely coloured on my scratch map - along with so many awesome other places I have seen thank to you - because on balance, the time with you was a great ride and amazing experience!

Thank you for helping me grow up. Thank you for showing me your different mentality and culture, and amazing exotic places on this beautiful planet. 

Thank you for proving to me that I am stronger than I think. 

I will miss you...but Europe is calling and it is time for me to start writing a new chapter. 

Take care and don't forget me... I bet you won't get to meet many crazy Czech girls running marathons in your insane heat and humidity, and cycling around the island!

And who knows, maybe once day we will meet again!

Tereza





Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat